This is the official website and on-line home of Praise Cathedral Worship Centre. Its address is: http://www.praisecathedral.ca. You are in that web site now. Welcome!
Personal data and registered users
This web site is not built to collect or retain much or your personal data. Our forms on this web site send their information to the church, or to its designated persons, to use your data to answer questions, offer assistance and be helpful and informative.
Our web site is not proprietary software. It is built on a platform called WordPress. Many of our congregation friends, business colleagues and others we know and deal with likely use WordPress at home for family web sites, and at work for web sites of all types and all sizes.
- Our web site is hosted, and its data is kept, here in Ontario;
- Registered users of the Praise Cathedral website store their personal information in their user profile;
- Registered users can see, edit, or delete their own personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username);
- You can’t see anybody else’s user profile information. Only the very few Praise website administrators can see and edit profile information;
- Praise does not transfer, sell or share any of your personal data with anyone. Our site uses a secure sockets layer (SSL) certificate to keep your interactions safe and encrypted. Note the https before our domain name;
You have to register to post a comment. In general, you must also be a member of the Praise congregation to have permission to leave a comment. Our registered users are allowed, and encouraged, to leave relevant and respectful comments on posts to this web site. When registered users leave comments on the site, it collects the data shown in the comments form, and also the user’s IP address and browser user agent string. This helps with spam detection, especially from foreign trolls.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata (i.e. the date and the article on which you comment) are retained. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue. This is just being careful, and keeping foreign trolls out of our system.
Our address list and e-newsletter
At Praise, we use an e-mail message system called Mailchimp to keep in touch with our registered users. Mailchimp is a popular application whose output you likely see in your e-mail Inbox from other organizations that keep in touch with you. Click for our Praise e-newsletter subscription form. You too can have a free account if you register with Mailchimp.
- The Mailchimp system collects and stores your contact information, and allows you to change it, or delete it if you wish;
- When you register, please ensure that you designate the Mailchimp sending address as a Safe Sender so that it does not accidentally end up marked as spam in your e-mail application, such as Gmail, Outlook, Hotmail and so on.
- We use Mailchimp to send out short messages to you from time to time.
The data you provide to Praise through the Mailchimp data collection form is proprietary and confidential. Only you and the Praise staff can see it or use it. It is never shared, transferred or given to anybody. You can change it, and keep your contact data up to date. If you delete your data, it’s gone.
We use pictures of our congregation engaged in church activities. If you see a picture of you, or your family, posted on this web site, and you don’t wish to have it on our web site, ask Bishop Lal, or the Praise office staff, to ask the webmaster to replace it.
If you have permission to edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data, and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.